Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

~Steven Wright

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.
~E. B. White

Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
~Ambrose Bierce

Women are like teabags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water!
~Eleanor Roosevelt

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.
~William James

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.
~Albert Pike

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how?
~Joan Baez

There can be no equality or opportunity if men and women and children be not shielded in their lives from the consequences of great industrial and social processes which they cannot alter, control, or singly cope with.
~Woodrow Wilson

The world needs anger. The world often continues to allow evil because it isn't angry enough.
~Bede Jarrett

1 comment:

KC said...

You can't see me, but I'm standing on my chair and clapping.
(people at work are starting to glare at me. I better get down now)

Great quotes!
(Steven Wright is so funny.)