Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I'm Ready, I'm Ready, I'm Ready...



Guess you had to see that episode.....5 million times.....to know the melody that Sponge Bob sings with those words. I find that I can never simply say "I'm ready..."with out the whole silly SB impersonation now. Who said motherhood didn't have its perks?!?

Either way, it rings true today. My first official New Wave Femmes meeting is tonight, and I'M READY! I woke up a bit anxious and feeling a little unprepared, but in an attempt to get down on paper what exactly the goal of the group is, I found inspiration in such a quirky place, the Planned Parenthood website.

I realized that they really do make your life simpler, because now I don't have to write a mission statement of my own; I can just steal theirs! And replace all of the "We are not's" with "We are's"!

Like take this one for instance:

"We are not going to be an organization promoting celibacy and chastity." ~Faye Wettleton, President of PP

"We are going to be an organization promoting celibacy and chastity." ~Destiny Herndon-DeLaRosa, Founder of NWFfl

Piece of cake! Who ever thought I'd benefit so much from a bunch of dried up old, aryan, bigots?

I am so excited! I really feel like I have some great stuff to present tonight, and I can't wait to get up there and take one step closer to my future as a 'not completely terrified' public speaker!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"It's not so much that your are a witness AGAINST something as that you are a witness FOR something".
- Whittaker Chambers -

I beleive you are acheiving this!