Monday, January 7, 2008

Where the children are...


Last night at church Pastor Bruce's sermon was over the Magi, The Three Wise Men. He talked about the star that they followed all the way from the East and how this was their life's journey; how all of it culminated at the birth of Christ. This was their destiny, this was their purpose. He went on to ask us, in 2008, what will be our 'star?' What will we follow as we selflessly worship and serve the Lord?

I thought of the sidewalk counseling journey that I'm about to embark on and how I hope God truly is calling me to this type of ministry because if He's not it will eat me up and spit me out. And then Pastor Bruce gave us this scripture:

Matthew 2:9-...The wise men went their way. And the star they had seen in the east guided them to Bethlehem. It went ahead of them and stopped over the place where the child was.

It literally gave me chills. It was like a validation from the Lord that this was His will for me. He wanted me to go to 'the place where the child was.' Perhaps it is a stretch, but still I find comfort in it.

I'm reading Zephaniah right now and and it talks about how the Lord consecrating those he invites. I ask that you keep me in your prayers and ask that the Lord will be faithful in preparing me...MIND, body and spirit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good blog and good insight...I will pray for you always. =)