Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hear Ye, Hear Ye


I'm here to inform you that, from this point on, Catholicism as you know it and all of its esteemed followers are under my benevolent control...well, according to my mother, that is.

This morning she called me from Chicago, and in what I suppose was an attempt to make small talk, she inquired if 'all of my people were excited about the Pope's arrival.' Wow, My People, really? I feel so Nazarene suddenly.

Am I truly the only Protestant she knows who socializes with the likes of those Catholics cohorts?

Suddenly I'm the Angelina Jolie of the Roman Catholic church and I must say...I feel pretty darn honored.

Thank you mother for the promotion, I will send your regards to Benedict.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Your people"...lol, aww man, this cracked me up...but I can see why that would rub you the wrong way too. Thanks for sharing.